Veneers for your teeth are a smart investment
Some famous stars in show business have undergone one of the most popular cosmetic dental procedures…revitalizing their smiles with porcelain veneers. Tom Cruise hit Hollywood with a huge chip in his front tooth. Celine Dion was a little long in the canines when her career took off. Today, both flash stunning, symmetrical smiles thanks to veneers.
“But I don’t have Tom’s bank account,” you wail through the gap in your front teeth. “Can I really get veneers?” The question is, can you take a chance to not consider veneers for your teeth from your Manhattan Beach, California, dentist?
What exactly are veneers?
Veneers are a popular dental procedure and are considered a good investment because they correct various dental issues in one treatment. Porcelain veneers are thin, tooth-shaped shells about as thick as a contact lens. They are fashioned from a strong ceramic material designed to simulate natural tooth enamel. They even catch and reflect light the same way natural teeth do. Veneers are custom-fit for each patient and bonded to the natural teeth.
A veneer can be placed over a single chipped tooth, or they can even out entire rows of small, misshapen, short, or gapped teeth. They can serve as an alternative to braces for cases of minor misalignment and are the perfect cover for stained or discolored teeth.
THE SMILE YOU’VE ALWAYS WANTED IS WAITING FOR YOU IN MANHATTAN BEACH, CA. CALL310-340-6663
TO SCHEDULE A PORCELAIN VENEERS CONSULTATION.
Choose veneers for your teeth from Manhattan Beach, California, dentist for your smile makeover
Indeed, veneers don’t always fit your budget. But they are an excellent dental investment, and here’s why:
- They correct several dental problems at one time
- They are a quick fix. You can have a straight, bright, symmetrical smile in just two appointments.
- They not only immediately brighten your smile, but they are also stain-resistant.
- They are durable and can last for 10-15 years.
- They can be more accessible than crowns.
- They look natural.
- They are compatible with other dental procedures, including fillings and bridge work.
- They give you a quick, complete smile makeover that can boost your self-esteem and confidence, perhaps completely changing your social and professional life. A survey by Kelton Research revealed that one in three people notice a smile before noticing anything else about you, and your smile can determine how others view you. Imperfections in your teeth can make others see you as less trustworthy, less intelligent, and less attractive.
Make sure you invest in a skilled dentist
Only an experienced cosmetic dentist trained in the latest techniques should handle the preparation and application of veneers. Therefore, if you are considering investing in veneers, make sure you are also investing in a highly trained cosmetic dentist with the artistic eye and dental skill to craft a smile that suits you as an individual. Dr. Don Mungcal, the lead dentist at Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions, has more than 25 years of clinical experience and regularly invests blocks of time in specialized training in leading-edge techniques. He is intent on matching your veneers’ size, shape, and color with the rest of your natural teeth for the optimal outcome.
Here’s what is involved in placing veneers:
- Your dentist will evaluate you to see if you are a good candidate for veneers. If you have poor oral hygiene, gum disease, or grind your teeth, you may not be well-suited for veneers.
- If the dentist feels veneers are right for you, they will then make an impression of your mouth so that the veneers can be precisely customized to fit together well and work with your natural teeth. You are fitted with a “mock-up” of your new smile to see if you are happy with the look and feel.
- The next step is to prepare your teeth for application by lightly removing a bit of natural enamel, so the veneers will fit well and feel natural.
- You’re sent home with your temporary “trial smile” to wear for a week or two until your veneers return from the lab. You will return for one more visit to have the mock-up removed and the new veneers bonded to your teeth.
Share this Article
Back to Porcelain Veneers Page