Porcelain veneers are one of the most transformative cosmetic dentistry treatments. When you choose to upgrade your smile with veneers, every aesthetic complaint can be concealed with this one procedure. Brush up on your Veneers 101 info below, and reach out to Dr. Don Mungcal and his team at Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions in Manhattan Beach, CA, when you’re ready to talk smile makeover.
Veneers 101: How the Procedure Is Done
Porcelain veneers usually take two visits to your dentist to complete. There are several steps that must be accomplished along the way. Here’s what to expect:
- Consult: The first step in the porcelain veneer procedure is determining whether you are a good candidate. You will undergo a dental exam to rule out infections or tooth decay. It’s necessary to have a good foundation on which to build your smile.
- Design: You and your Manhattan Beach dentist will design your new smile, discussing the features you dislike about your natural teeth and what you want in your new teeth. You’ll talk about color, size, shape, length, and type of material until every characteristic is nailed down.
- Prep: All teeth need to be lightly prepped for the veneer procedure, whether it’s just a cleaning, light sanding, or more invasive filing down and reshaping of the natural teeth to make room for veneers.
- Create: The information about your teeth and smile is sent to the dental lab so they can craft the customized veneers. In some cases, temporary veneers will be applied to the teeth while you wait about two weeks for the permanent shields to be ready.
- Bond: For veneer placement, you’ll return to your cosmetic dentist and undergo the application process. The veneers are carefully checked for a perfect fit before they are permanently bonded to the front of your teeth and hardened with a curing light.
Problems Fixed by Veneers
So many people benefit from porcelain veneers. Sometimes it’s hard to tell who got lucky with their DNA or who has had a smile makeover. That’s how your dentist likes it – the work should be flawless and give you a completely natural smile. Even problems you thought were impossible to correct can be fixed by carefully constructed veneers, like:
- Crooked teeth
- Damaged teeth
- Gapped teeth
- Oddly shaped
- Stained teeth
- Worn teeth
The Many Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
It’s impossible to name every physical, emotional, and mental benefit that porcelain veneers deliver to patients, but we can undoubtedly itemize some of them. With this cosmetic dentistry treatment, you can:
- Look younger and happier
- Look smarter and more capable
- Give a boost to your self-esteem
- Eat comfortably again
- Enjoy stain-resistant teeth
- Easily care for your teeth
Cost Factors of Veneers
Veneers are an investment in your smile, a significant one, and they are more accessible than many patients realize. Here’s how it breaks down:
- Veneers are priced per veneer and take materials, size, shape, and length into consideration
- Most patients need 8-10 veneers for their top teeth, and some need more
- Veneers typically cost between $1,500 and $2,500
- Geographic location impacts veneer cost
Some patients undergo other treatments simultaneously as veneers. No matter what cosmetic dentistry interests you, your dental office is ready to present financing options to make this goal a reality.
Get Veneers in Manhattan Beach
Ready to get your veneers 101 education?
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION WITH THE DENTAL TEAM AT MANHATTAN BEACH DENTAL SOLUTIONS AND LEARN MORE ABOUT COSMETIC DENTISTRY, SMILE MAKEOVERS, AND WHICH PROCEDURES ARE JUST RIGHT FOR YOU.310-340-6663