Low Prep Veneers
Of the people who are interested in veneers but do not pursue such a cosmetic dentistry treatment, it’s often because they worry about the invasiveness of the procedure. Thanks to low prep veneers, you can have the results of stunning porcelain veneers without significantly altering the appearance and strength of your natural teeth. Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions offers this low prep solution to qualified candidates.
The Low Prep Veneer Process
It’s important to understand the full preparation for traditional porcelain veneers so you can appreciate the finesse of low prep veneers.
- In the conventional veneers procedure, a large amount of tooth enamel must be removed to make room for the porcelain shields to sit on the teeth. Knowledge of this dental change is what often causes people to pause before saying yes to such a cosmetic dentistry treatment.
- Low prep veneers, on the other hand, require only a small amount of tooth enamel to be removed, if any at all.
- In the low-prep procedure, the tooth structure may need to be sanded or slightly reshaped for an even fit, to remove stains and shine, and to eliminate minor enamel imperfections but the changes to the natural teeth are not significant.
The Benefits of Minimally Invasive Low Prep Veneers
Low prep veneers are also known as minimal prep veneers, minimally invasive veneers, and prepless porcelain veneers. The name is far less important than the way your dentist defines the procedure. When you get low prep veneers, you’re not sacrificing any beauty to enjoy a less-invasive procedure. Both conventional and minimally invasive veneers deliver the same stunning, natural-looking teeth, though low prep veneers come with excellent advantages.
- Veneers are made of incredibly strong, stain-resistant porcelain that lasts.
- The incredibly thin porcelain creates veneers that are not bulky or obvious.
- All veneers conceal the aesthetic complaints a person has about their teeth, from gaps to misalignment, short teeth to discoloration.
- Low prep veneers require only light cleaning and sanding to eliminate surface stains, shine, and enamel imperfections.
The Artistry of Porcelain Veneers
No matter what type of veneers you get, this form of cosmetic dentistry is one of the most versatile smile makeover procedures available. Veneers have the power to make a person look younger, happier, healthier, smarter, and more capable, but only if you receive your new smile from an experienced, knowledgeable, Manhattan Beach cosmetic dentist.
Creating and placing low prep veneers is an art form. Every tooth should be treated like its own individual masterpiece, unique and flawless. Veneers, overall, should be crafted to complement each other and your overall appearance as well as your face shape and skin tone.
If a person’s veneers are done well, then they are subtle. Your smile will be gorgeous and hard to miss, but so meticulously done that no one will ever know if it’s real or veneers. That’s the kind of veneers you want to have, whether you’re getting low prep veneers, veneers in a day, or conventional veneers.
Are You a Good Candidate for Low Prep Veneers?
There is always a minimally invasive alternative to the cosmetic dentistry procedure that interests you most. Discussing your smile makeover hopes with your Manhattan Beach dentist makes it possible for you to settle on a treatment that makes you feel comfortable and delivers the smile you want.
Your determination to get veneers will begin with a dental exam to ensure that you’re a good candidate for the procedure – teeth must be strong, clean, and free of decay or infection. The cosmetic complaints you have will be evaluated to help determine if veneers are the best solution or if there is another treatment that may be better suited for your needs.
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Don Mungcal or a member of his dental team at Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions to determine what’s right for you.310-340-6663