Smile Makeover 101
The beautiful reality of a smile makeover is that it can be whatever you want it to be, whatever you need it to be. In this smile makeover 101, you’ll learn just how versatile cosmetic and restorative dentistry are, and how your teeth will become stronger and more attractive with just the right dental care from Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions in Manhattan Beach, CA.
Procedures Included in a Smile Makeover
The most basic definition of a smile makeover: A collection of dental treatments that produce a healthier and more attractive smile. The more complex definition: The customization of multiple dental procedures that suit an individual patient’s unique oral health needs. In other words, you can undergo any of the following and consider it a smile makeover:
- Cosmetic dentistry: The options in this category are varied and include such smile-altering procedures as porcelain veneers, Invisalign, dental bonding, teeth whitening, and more.
- Restorative dentistry: Everything that’s broken in your smile needs to be fixed and restorative dentistry like dental implants, dental bridges, dental crowns, and dentures get the job done.
- General dentistry: Includes tooth extractions of deteriorating or unhealthy teeth, as well as tooth-colored fillings which correct tooth decay and surface imperfections.
- Preventive dentistry: Includes laser dentistry for gum disease to clear up any infection and create a solid foundation for smile enhancements.
- More preventive dentistry: Once a smile makeover is complete, safeguard the work that’s been done to ensure it lasts. For people who grind their teeth, this might mean a night guard. Those who suffer from regular cavities may qualify for dental sealants.
The Smile Makeover Timeline
Every patient’s smile makeover timeline will be different because the number of procedures you’re having done, the amount of healing that must occur in between, and the treatments you can have done during the same appointment all factor into the legitimate time spent.
Here is what every patient can expect in general without putting days, weeks, or months on the smile makeover 101 timeline:
- Consultation: Every smile begins with a meeting with your Manhattan Beach cosmetic dentist to discuss what you want for your smile, including your budget. Your dentist will also conduct an exam and take digital x-rays to see what’s happening under the gumline.
- Preparation: Once you and your dentist have determined which procedures will make up your smile makeover, preparation begins. What order will the dental care occur in? What schedule works for you? Will you need sedation dentistry? If necessary, actual prep on your teeth will occur at this stage so they are ready to handle whatever dental work comes next.
- Corrective treatments: This is when the foundational work gets done and you will notice a difference in the feel, function, and comfort of your smile.
- Cosmetic procedures: This final step is often the most exciting part of a smile makeover because teeth are enhanced to look better than they ever have – white, straight, natural, and flawless.
Problems Corrected by a Smile Makeover
The beauty of a smile makeover is that it’s intended to make your teeth look and feel better than ever before. Not only will you end up with a healthy smile but a beautiful one too. That means correcting any number of problems and complaints in stages, including:
- Stains and discoloration
- Chips and cracks
- Old dental work
- Worn-out teeth
- Broken-down smile
- Short teeth
- Gapped teeth
- A painful smile
- Jaw problems
- Gum disease
Ask Your Smile Makeover 101 Question in Manhattan Beach
You qualify for a smile makeover at Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions. How the changes are made to improve your appearance and oral health is up to Dr. Don Mungcal and his dental team. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
How the changes are made to improve your appearance and oral health is up to Dr. Don Mungcal and his dental team. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.310-340-6663