Curious about Invisalign?
Countless men and women would smile more confidently if their teeth were straight. Yet uncomfortable, obvious orthodontic hardware does not fit into their busy social and professional lifestyles. The team at Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions offers an alternative to braces that fits this need. With Invisalign transparent aligners, Manhattan Beach, CA patients are smiling during and after treatment.
The Invisalign Process
The dentist begins with a comprehensive examination of your mouth, and a relaxed discussion to understand your teeth straightening goals. If your mouth is healthy and you are a good candidate for Invisalign, digital impressions are taken. This data goes into the Invisalign computer system, for design of a personal treatment plan, so you and the dentist can view your virtual transformation.
A series of clear aligners is fabricated with 3-D printing technology. You wear each set for about two weeks, then move to the next pair. At six-week intervals, you check in at Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions so the doctor may monitor your progress and adjust your treatment plan, if needed.
Care is tailored to each patient, and your compliance in wearing aligners 20 to 22 hours a day is a big factor. However, on average, an Invisalign schedule is completed in about 12 months.
Key benefits of Invisalign treatment in Manhattan Beach, CA
- Virtually unnoticeable – Other people probably won’t realize you are wearing aligners.
- No food restrictions – Take aligners out to eat what you enjoy.
- Hygiene is a breeze – Since aligners are removable, you maintain normal good home hygiene and regular professional cleanings.
- Comfortable – With Invisalign, there are no bands and brackets cemented to teeth, metal wires, or headgear, and no wire tightening appointments. Smooth plastic aligners are gentle on soft tissues and the fit is snug and secure.
- Unexpected advantage – While you may drink plain water with aligners in place, they must be removed for consumption of other beverages and foods. Some patients find that Invisalign treatment helps them cut back on snacking, developing healthier eating habits and possibly losing weight.
Schedule a consultation at Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions in Manhattan Beach, CA to learn more about Invisalign. The number is310-340-6663