How Does Invisalign Work?
While every Invisalign patient at Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions in Manhattan Beach, CA, has a treatment plan customized to their unique alignment needs, the technology of this alignment method is the same for everyone. The goal of Invisalign is to straighten teeth discreetly, gently, and consistently using clear trays. This innovative treatment eliminates the need for brackets and wires like conventional braces but offers the same excellent results in half the time.
How to Qualify for Invisalign Treatment
Invisalign takes about one year to complete, though this timeline will vary depending on the complexity of your case. The process, however, is the same for everyone:
- Undergo a full analysis: You will undergo a dental exam and your Manhattan Beach Invisalign provider will take 3D images and x-rays so they can observe your mouth from all angles, make digital adjustments, and diagnose your misalignment.
- See your customized treatment plan: If your dentist determines you are a good Invisalign candidate, a customized treatment plan will be created from start to finish. Your dentist can show you how they expect your teeth to move, in what order, and how many trays are needed to make it happen.
- Wait for unique trays to be developed: Your Invisalign plan is sent to the dental lab, along with the photos, x-rays, and other information your dentist collects. Your first sets of trays are created specifically for you.
- Treatment gets underway: When your first sets of aligners are ready, your dentist will teach you how to put in and remove the trays. You will receive several weeks’ worth of trays at each checkup and will be instructed to switch them out every two weeks at home.
The Details of How Invisalign Works
Now that you know the big picture of Invisalign treatment, it’s time to understand the details about how this method gets the job done.
- Each tray moves only a few teeth at a time.
- Teeth are moved consistently into alignment in a carefully targeted order designed by your dentist.
- Attachments are used as anchors to help the trays move even more effectively. Not every patient needs attachments, but many do.
- Both tooth root and tooth crown are shifted at the same time.
- Trays are switched out every two weeks so the next several teeth can be targeted.
- Trays must be removed for meals and snacks.
- Teeth and trays must be cleaned thoroughly in between meals and when you wake and before you go to bed so the aligners remain clear and odor free.
How You Can Make Invisalign Work
Invisalign is only as successful as your dedication to your treatment. When you make the decision to invest in this kind of cosmetic dentistry, you are committed to improving the appearance and function of your smile. Here is the best way to make it happen:
- Follow the rules: Invisalign comes with plenty of rules and following them allows the plan to progress effectively: wear the trays 20 to 22 hours a day, change aligners as instructed, do not eat with trays in place, and clean teeth and trays multiple times a day.
- See your Invisalign provider as instructed: There is no option to skip checkups with your Manhattan Beach Invisalign provider. These visits every six to eight weeks are incredibly important and allow your dentist to ensure that treatment is progressing as it should. These visits are also when you pick up your next sets of aligners.
- Wear your retainer: Retainers are an essential part of Invisalign treatment that must be worn after all your trays are complete to keep the newly shifted teeth, bones, and muscles in their new positions.
Get Invisalign from Manhattan Beach Invisalign Provider Near Me
At Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions, you will receive compassionate, gentle, personalized care. Call310-340-6663
to schedule an appointment.