Toothache Pain Relief
When you need toothache pain relief right away, the only sure way to feel better is with help from your dentist. At Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions in Manhattan Beach, CA, we schedule emergency dentistry appointments when needed to help you find relief.
Causes of toothaches
Toothache pain relief begins by diagnosing the problem at its source. Many things could be going on in your mouth to cause such discomfort, and most of them are unseen. Some problems are legitimate toothaches, others are like a toothache, so getting the right diagnosis is key.
Your Manhattan Beach dentist may discover any of the following causes of a toothache:
- Tooth decay: Cavities start small but, left untreated, they will grow and eventually cause extreme pain once the interior layers of the tooth are touched.
- Infected tooth: The pulp of a tooth can become infected or inflamed, usually when bacteria find its way inside through a crack or cavity.
- Gum disease: Periodontal disease can cause various forms of discomfort, including a toothache, by attacking the gums and making its way through the mouth.
- Impacted tooth: A wisdom tooth that is impacted or partially erupted can cause a severe toothache and damage your other teeth.
- Gum recession: Receding gums reveal more and more of a tooth, which means there is greater sensitivity to hot and cold and sometimes sharp pain that can mimic a toothache.
Toothache pain relief treatments
If you are experiencing severe tooth pain, always contact your dentist for guidance. Don’t hope the pain will go away, wait for a convenient break in your schedule, or hang in there until your next cleaning and dental exam. Get help immediately.
Your dentist can make the pain go away quickly and save you from other oral health complications. Treatments for toothache pain relief can include:
- Tooth-colored filling: If your tooth decay has not gone deep into the tooth and compromised its entire health, a tooth-colored composite filling is a common repair that looks natural.
- Porcelain crown: If a toothache is caused by an extremely large area of decay or damage, a porcelain crown offers a complete restoration that solidifies the entire tooth and protects it from further problems.
- Root canal therapy: No one wants root canal therapy, but if your tooth root is infected this treatment is unavoidable – and thank goodness for it. After your dentist cleans out the roots of the problem tooth, they will be filled and the tooth will be capped with a crown to prevent future complications.
- Tooth extraction: Your dentist will do everything possible to save your natural tooth, but sometimes toothache pain is the result of an infection that is so extreme that extraction is the only way to stop the discomfort. Later, after healing, you can discuss dental restorations for the missing tooth unless it was an impacted wisdom tooth.
- Dental bonding: Toothache pain is very real, but the cause may be very minor – and easily fixed with a conservative solution. Dental bonding, fillings, or sealants can correct gum recession and reduce sensitivity.
Cost factors of toothache pain relief
Most people experiencing true toothache pain are willing to do just about anything to make the agony stop. The cost factors involved in correcting the problem will depend on:
- The cause of the toothache
- Type of treatment(s) needed
- Number of procedures needed
- Materials used
- Experience of the dentist
- Location of the dental office
You want toothache pain relief immediately and your dentist wants to provide it. There is always an affordable way to deliver this dental care.
Get toothache pain relief in Manhattan Beach
If you are suffering from severe tooth pain, get toothache pain relief right away with help from Dr. Mungcal at the team at Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions in Manhattan Beach, CA. Contact us to find out if you need to be seen immediately.
If you are suffering from severe tooth pain, get toothache pain relief right away with help from Dr. Mungcal310-340-6663
at Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions