COVID-19 Safety Measures
At a time when Covid-19 is wreaking havoc across the world, we at Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions like to remind our patients about the importance of maintaining proper dental hygiene and gum health to ward off flu and viruses.
The benefits of oral intervention to improve patients’ respiratory health have been demonstrated in many studies. Apart from hand-washing, social distancing, and respiratory hygiene, we also recommend good oral hygiene measures including:
- Regular brushing and cleaning in between teeth
- Washing hands before flossing to prevent germs from entering the mouth
- Not sharing toothbrushes
- Replacing toothbrushes every three to four months; discarding them after recovering from cold/flu
- Rinsing toothbrushes after use and air-drying in an upright position
Seeing your dentist regularly is also important in maintaining gum health.We strictly adhere to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines to ensure the health and safety of our patients and staff. These include:
- Access to reliable, timely information
- Emergency plans and emergency contact lists
- Relationships with community healthcare providers
- Communication with patients and staff
- Safety and hygiene measures to protect staff and patients including sterilizing instruments; thoroughly disinfecting rooms; using air filters and Personal Protective Equipment like face shields, masks, gowns, gloves, and eyewear
These measures have helped us get ready to serve you since we opened. For instance, we have resumed dental cleanings with proper protection measures in place for patients and employees.
We look forward to seeing you again. Stay safe; stay healthy!