Dental Implants Candidate
Dental implants are the permanent way to replace missing teeth, a treatment that many people with spaces in their smile are interested in pursuing. First, though, you need to find out whether you are a dental implants candidate, and the only way to do that is through a consultation with the dental team at Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions in Manhattan Beach, CA.
How to Become a Dental Implants Candidate
The journey to discovering whether you are a dental implants candidate is the same for every patient and includes the following steps:
- Consultation: During your visit with your Manhattan Beach dentist, you will discuss your smile goals and viable options for replacing any missing teeth, which could include dental implants, dental bridges, or dentures.
- Exam: The dental exam your dentist conducts will include a review of your dental and medical history, a careful look at your current oral health, and 3D scans and digital x-rays to measure bone density and review what’s happening under the gumline.
- Discussion: Once the thorough evaluation is complete, your cosmetic dentist will make recommendations about which tooth replacement option is best for you and your oral health. This is when you will find out if you are a good dental implants candidate.
Factors That Impact Whether You Can Get Dental Implants
Patients do not have much say in whether they’re a good dental implants candidate. The condition of your mouth is where all the answers are. If you do find yourself in the position of having options, you may be able to select dental implants over another type of dental restoration.
Ultimately, there are several factors that make a person a great candidate for dental implants, depending on whether you’re replacing an entire arch of teeth, a few teeth, or just one tooth.
- Healthy gums: No dental restoration can occur without a healthy foundation. If you have gum disease of any kind, this infection must be cleaned up before implants can be placed.
- Quality bone density: The dental implant post must have enough space to fit in either the upper or lower jaw. Good bone density makes this procedure possible, but if your jawbone density is weak, gum grafts may be a viable alternative.
- Strong jaw: The jawbone must be strong enough to hold the surgically implanted post, fuse with it completely, and maintain the presence of the implant.
Types of Dental Implants
Dental implants are an advanced dental restoration that comes in several forms. You may not qualify for every type of implant, but if you are a good candidate for even one type of restoration, your smile will be stronger and complete as a result. Common types of dental implants include the following:
- Full-mouth dental implants: Replace all teeth on both the top and bottom of the mouth.
- Single dental implant: Replaces one missing tooth.
- All-On-4 dental implants: Four implants are placed in areas of highest bone volume and either dentures or a dental bridge are permanently attached to replace an entire arch of new teeth.
- Denture implants: A customized denture, which does not cover the palate or require adhesive, is attached to several dental implants.
Find Out If You’re a Dental Implants Candidate in Manhattan Beach
It can feel daunting to become a dental implants candidate, but this treatment is viable for so many patients, even if you have been missing teeth for a long time. The only way to find out if this procedure is right for your mouth is to discuss the options with the dental team at Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions. Contact us to schedule a consultation and get on the road to a beautiful, complete, natural-looking smile makeover.
Schedule a consultation with Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions to find out if you’re a good candidate for Dental Implants310-340-6663