Step-by-Step Guide to the Dental Implant Procedure
Have you lost teeth or want to replace troublesome teeth in Manhattan Beach, California? Consider dental implants from Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions, the next best thing to your natural teeth. Although dental implants aren’t quite what nature gave you, they’re as good as natural teeth and possibly better than your failing tooth.
Dental implant surgery: What to expect
Dental implants have three components. The first is a titanium post that sits beneath the gums. It acts as an artificial tooth root. Above the implant fixture sits an abutment that links the implant to the final restoration. The top component of the implant is a crown or denture, hand-crafted for a natural feel and function.
Discover the dental implant process from consultation to tooth replacement310-340-6663
to schedule a consultation with Dr. Mungcal.
Want to replace your tooth (teeth) with dental implants? This is what you can expect.
- Initial consultation: Dr. Don Mungcal examines your oral health and overall well-being to determine your suitability for dental implants. Potential implant beneficiaries should be in good health and have sufficient bone to support an implant
- Pre-surgery procedures: We’ll recommend tooth extraction to remove your troublesome tooth to create space for an implant. We’ll also recommend bone grafting to replace lost bone tissue if you have severe bone loss
- Planning your treatment: Precise planning is vital to your implant treatment success. We use 3D scans and digital X-rays to determine how and where to place the implant
- Implant placement: After numbing your gums for ultimate comfort, we’ll place a titanium post at a precise location in the jawbone. Finally, we’ll suture the surgical site to pave the way for healing
- Healing and fusion: We’ll leave your implant for four to six months to allow healing and fusion. After this period, your implant will securely be “rooted” in the jawbone to support one or more replacement teeth
- Abutment placement: After healing and fusion, we’ll place an abutment (connector) above the implant post. Then, we’ll take impressions of your implant and surrounding teeth to craft a bespoke crown or denture
- Tooth replacement: The final and most exciting step is to top off your implant with a crown or denture, depending on the number of teeth lost. Once restored, your tooth will function, feel, and look like natural teeth
Best care implant dentistry near me
Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions has transformed the lives of many edentulous patients with dental implants. Call us today at 310-340-6663 and learn how dental implants can change your smile and life.
Back to Dental Implants Page