The Manhattan Beach, CA community is full of warm, friendly smiles. Yet some really catch your attention, with radiant teeth and beautiful symmetry. In many cases, those standout smiles had a little help from porcelain veneers. The dentists at Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions really enjoy this treatment because they see the amazing difference it makes in the smiles and self-confidence of their patients.
Porcelain is a hard dental ceramic with light-reflecting luster quite similar to tooth enamel. The dentist uses this material to fashion thin shells that are cemented over the front surfaces of prepared teeth. Veneers fit snugly at the gum line for a natural look, while resolving many appearance concerns such as:
- Discoloration – Veneers hide deep intrinsic stains that do not respond to professional bleaching, and bring a higher level of brilliance to the smile.
- Enamel imperfections – Natural bumps and pits as well as chips and fractures.
- Size and shape – Teeth that look too long or short or have usual shape.
- Wear – Teeth that have worn down (although the dentist may recommend a night guard to protect veneers if you clench and grind).
- Gaps – Uneven positioning or spaces between teeth.
- Misalignment – Veneers can be an alternative to orthodontics for cosmetic alignment issues.
Sometimes a single tooth is veneered to disguise an aesthetic problem. More commonly, though, the central four, six, or eight upper front teeth are treated since they are most visible when you smile. Veneers can also be applied to teeth in the lower arch.
Why Manhattan Beach, CA patients love porcelain veneers
The primary reason men and women are so happy with veneers is their results. With this technique, our dentists use high quality materials, technical precision, experience, and artistry to truly transform the appearance of the smile. Patients also appreciate the low-stress process, which usually requires just two visits to Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions, often with no numbing. Veneers are easy to care for, too, following tips provided by our hygiene team.
The smile you’ve always wanted is waiting for you in Manhattan Beach, CA. Call(310) 340-6663
to schedule a porcelain veneers consultation.