Have you ever wished for super-white teeth and a flawless smile, just like a celebrity? You can achieve your own VIP smile makeover with a cosmetic dentistry treatment like porcelain veneers. This customized procedure is available from the experienced dentists at Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions and allows qualified patients to transform their smiles and self-confidence.
The composition of porcelain veneers
Veneers are made of super-strong porcelain, a hard but incredibly thin dental ceramic. This material works well for cosmetic dentistry because it has a light-reflecting quality that mimics natural tooth enamel. The veneers are also stain-resistant, so you won’t have to worry about discoloration over time unless you aren’t taking good care of your teeth.
Your Manhattan Beach cosmetic dentist will work closely with you to determine all the characteristics of your veneers, so they are just right for your mouth. This includes:
- Size: You want veneers that aren’t too big or too small, too short or too long, and that are different enough from one another, so they look like a natural smile.
- Shape: Depending on your preferences and face shape, veneers can be squared off or rounded, wide or thin.
- Color: Getting white teeth is the goal, but super-white is not always the best choice. There are multiple shades of white and there is one that will work best with your skin color and the whites of your eyes, so your veneers look natural.
- Translucency: Your original teeth under the veneers will influence the color of your veneers once they are in place, so your cosmetic dentist will take them into consideration when designing each shell.
Your order will be submitted to a dental lab where the porcelain is crafted. The finished veneers are bonded to the front surface of treated teeth and fit snugly at the gum line to deliver a flawless natural look.
Problems fixed by veneers
Veneers are one of the most versatile cosmetic dentistry treatments because they can conceal multiple aesthetic issues at one time, including:
- Stains and discoloration: Hide deep stains in teeth that cannot be whitened by professional bleaching.
- Gaps: Join teeth that are unevenly positioned or have spaces between them.
- Misalignment: Make crooked teeth straight without the need for orthodontics.
- Short or small teeth: Lengthen teeth into a natural size and create a symmetrical smile.
- Enamel imperfections: Conceal natural bumps and pits as well as chips, cracks, and fractures.
- Misshapen teeth: Get teeth back to normal shape and size, whether they have always been oddly shaped or worn down by teeth grinding.
- Narrow smile: Reveal more teeth than dark spaces with a broader smile.
Sometimes, a single veneer can be used to correct an unsightly tooth. More commonly, the central four, six, or eight upper teeth are all treated with veneers since they are the most visible teeth when you smile. Veneers can also be applied to teeth in the lower arch, but many patients opt for teeth-whitening instead to complement their bright, white veneers.
Are you a good candidate for porcelain veneers?
Every porcelain veneer treatment begins with a dental exam to check that your teeth and gums are healthy. A new smile can only be built on a strong foundation. Your Manhattan Beach dentist will present all viable cosmetic dentistry solutions to you and, together, you can determine whether veneers are the best route for you.
Should you opt for veneers, the procedure usually takes two visits to your cosmetic dentist, which involves prepping the teeth for the veneers, designing the veneers, and bonding the finished veneers in place. The entire process uses high-quality materials, technical precision, experience, and artistry, and the result is a stunning, flawless smile makeover that is truly transformative.
Find out if porcelain veneers are right for you. Schedule a consultation with the team at Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions in Manhattan Beach, CA.
Find out if porcelain veneers are right for you. Call310-340-6663
to schedule a porcelain veneers consultation.