Have you ever wished for teeth as white as a celebrity’s? This kind of perk is not reserved for VIPs alone. Often, the secret to their dazzling smiles is professional teeth whitening. At Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions in Manhattan Beach, California, we offer the same whitening methods that get celebs red-carpet ready, so your smile can shine every day.
The popularity of teeth whitening
Teeth whitening remains one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry treatments for many reasons:
- Effective: Even if your teeth are gapped, crooked, or otherwise imperfect, this solution will create super-white teeth that offer the illusion of perfection.
- Safe: In the hands of a trained and experienced dental team, you can receive a teeth-whitening treatment that is safe and comfortable.
- Economical: When it comes to smile makeovers, you get the most bang for your buck with a whitening treatment.
Types of teeth whitening
There are two main types of teeth whitening, and you can choose the option that suits your budget, lifestyle, and smile goals:
- In-office whitening: If you need a whiter smile quickly, in-office teeth whitening can be done in just an hour. Your lips and gums will be protected from the bleaching agent before it is applied to the teeth. An LED light will then activate the bleach, and you can relax while the process occurs. This treatment is repeated up to four times to make your teeth multiple shades whiter – a dramatic change on your lunch break.
- At-home whitening: If you would prefer to whiten your teeth in the privacy of your home and a gradual technique appeals to you, at-home whitening is your best choice. Custom-fit application trays are created from impressions of your mouth. You will fill these with professional whitening gel and wear the trays for about an hour daily, or even whiten your teeth while sleeping. This gentle method is effective and delivers results after a few weeks of wear.
Whichever method you choose, once your smile is as white as you like, it’s easy to maintain vibrant results. All you need to do is re-treat your teeth periodically at home, brush, and floss daily, and maintain regular visits to your Manhattan Beach dentist for teeth cleanings and checkups.
Professional teeth whitening vs. over-the-counter whitening products
Why would you invest in professional teeth whitening when you can head to your local pharmacy and simply pick up some whitening strips or whitening toothpaste? Simple. While sometimes effective, those solutions do not last and are not guaranteed. You might manage to remove some surface stains, but that’s about it. The temporary results will be frustrating, and you’ll find yourself spending more to keep your results – and over-whitening your teeth can cause damage and discomfort.
Professional teeth-whitening formulas are prescription strength. Our peroxide formulation truly bleaches the stains out of tooth enamel, going deep into microscopic channels to loosen and lift pigments left behind by foods, beverages, and tobacco. The results can last for a few years.
Is teeth whitening right for you?
Not everyone is a good candidate for professional teeth whitening. Some patients have teeth that cannot be whitened, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a gorgeous celeb smile. If teeth are permanently discolored because of antibiotic staining, injury, or otherwise, you’re not stuck with dingy teeth forever. There are other cosmetic dentistry treatments that can enhance your smile permanently, like porcelain veneers.
TALK TO YOUR MANHATTAN BEACH DENTAL SOLUTIONS DENTIST DR. DON MUNGCAL ABOUT TEETH WHITENING AND FIND OUT WHAT KIND OF SMILE MAKEOVER IS RIGHT FOR YOU.310-340-6663