Are You a Porcelain Veneers Candidate?
Porcelain veneers are the right cosmetic dentistry procedure for many people who are unhappy with the appearance of their teeth or smile. Not everyone, after all, is born with perfect teeth, not even your favorite celebrities, journalists, reality TV stars, or influencers. Procedures like porcelain veneers exist to help people achieve the flawless, white, straight smile they want, and the team at Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions will tell you if you are a good porcelain veneers candidate.
Problems that porcelain veneers fix
Porcelain veneers are one of the most versatile cosmetic dentistry treatments because they can cover up just about everything you dislike about your smile. One procedure delivers an amazing smile makeover instead of having to undergo several procedures.
Here are just some of the most common problems that porcelain veneers fix:
- Asymmetrical smile
- Gummy smile
- Narrow smile
- Odd-shaped teeth
- Short teeth
- Worn teeth
What it takes to be a veneers candidate
Wanting a new smile made from porcelain veneers isn’t enough to make it happen. Your oral health must be in the best condition too. Cosmetic dentistry of any kind can only be carried out in a mouth that is healthy, strong, and free of decay, infection, or disease. Dental problems won’t disqualify you from being a veneers candidate, but you will have to get the necessary restorative dentistry procedures completed first before the veneers can be considered.
- Consultation and evaluation: Your Manhattan Beach dentist will conduct a dental examination and take the necessary digital images to make sure you are a good porcelain veneers candidate. This will include an evaluation of your teeth, gums, bite, and mouth.
- Restorations: If you have any signs of gum disease or other infections or tooth decay, these problems will need to be addressed to make sure your mouth is healthy for cosmetic dentistry. You can’t build a smile makeover on a faulty foundation.
- Smile makeover planning: If you already have a healthy mouth, then there is little to stop you from pursuing porcelain veneers. You want to work with a dentist who is experienced and meticulous about their work and prepared to discuss all the many details of your new smile with you. Together, you will determine whether veneers are the best cosmetic dentistry for your teeth and, if they are, plan the entire look of each veneer. Color, size, shape, and length are customized to look the very best and the most natural for you alone.
Signs that you’re a good veneers candidate
If you’re trying to determine what kind of smile makeover is right for you and if you are indeed a qualified veneers candidate, consider whether the following is true for you:
- You’re tired of being embarrassed by your teeth.
- You avoid smiling at others or being in photos.
- You don’t speak up because you don’t want to reveal your teeth.
- You have a laundry list of things you dislike about your teeth.
- You can name dozens of well-known smiles you admire.
- You are ready to invest in whatever it takes to improve your smile.
Determination is one of the key elements of a successful smile makeover. So is flexibility. Even if you’re not a good veneers candidate, your Manhattan Beach dentist will figure out the cosmetic dentistry procedures that are right for you and that will give you the white, beautiful smile you want.
If you do move ahead with porcelain veneers, it usually takes only two dental visits to make the smile makeover happen. Careful planning and preparation followed by the permanent application of your customized veneers creates a natural-looking smile.
Find out if you’re a good veneers candidate. Schedule a consultation with Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions in Manhattan Beach, CA.
Find out if you’re a good veneers candidate310-340-6663
Schedule a consultation with Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions