Invisalign Time Commitment
If you’re thinking about straightening your smile, you are certainly wondering what the Invisalign time commitment is and how this treatment will work with the existing obligations in your daily life, from work to school to family to activities and more. At Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions in Manhattan Beach, CA, we provide all the information you need up front so you can make educated decisions about whether Invisalign fits your lifestyle.
What Affects the Length of Invisalign Treatment?
Every patient is different so every timeline will vary, but the average Invisalign treatment takes about one year to complete. Not everyone will fit into this box and here’s why:
- You have minor issues: Some patients have small gaps, a relapse from braces worn years ago, or other small misalignment. These cases may take six months or less to complete.
- Your age matters: Teen patients have teeth that are not yet firmly in place and they are still growing and changing. Their teeth are likely to move more quickly and agreeably than an adult’s teeth.
- You have severe crowding: People with major issues can expect Invisalign to take one year at a minimum, and sometimes longer. It takes longer to move crowded teeth apart than to push gapped teeth together.
- You don’t wear your aligners: Compliance is one of the biggest indicators of success or failure with Invisalign. If you wear your trays as instructed and follow the rules of your Manhattan Beach Invisalign provider, treatment should progress easily.
Your Daily Invisalign Time Commitment
Ultimately, Invisalign is a daily, weekly, monthly commitment that looks like this:
- Wear the trays 20 to 22 hours a day every day, no matter what. This means you have about three hours for meals and snacks and cleaning. If you don’t wear the trays, they can’t do their work.
- Change the trays every 2 weeks or as instructed by your dentist. This allows teeth to shift gently and consistently, a few at a time, until they’re all in place.
- Clean the trays at least twice daily, morning and night, but also before you put them back together with your teeth after a meal. This adds only a few minutes of effort to your day.
- Set a timer during meals for 30 minutes at a maximum so you don’t leave your trays out for too long and your teeth get enough aligner time every day.
- See your dentist as recommended for check-ups and to pick up your next sets of trays. These visits only need to happen about every six to eight weeks.
Get Invisalign from Manhattan Beach Dentist Near Me
When you visit your Manhattan Beach dentist to find out if you’re a good candidate for Invisalign, digital images and impressions will be taken to determine whether this is the right treatment for you. If your dentist determines that you will benefit from Invisalign, the planning will begin. Your entire treatment, from start to finish, is planned out as a whole and your dentist will not deter from it unless unexpected circumstances arise, like a damaged tray, oral health problems, or non-compliance.
You’ll know from the start what your Invisalign time commitment will be, so you never have to be surprised about what to expect and can plan your daily life around this obligation.
Invisalign is a commitment and an investment, but it’s worthwhile. When you’re done you will have a straight, healthy smile that looks great and functions flawlessly. Then, it’ll be time to talk retainers. But that can wait for now.
Don’t hesitate to contact Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions to find out if Invisalign is right for you.
Schedule a consultation at Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions in Manhattan Beach, CA to learn more about Invisalign.The number is310-340-6663