Anyone missing multiple teeth want to fill those gaps, but most don’t want to do it with dentures. What many patients don’t know is that there is another amazing option that eliminates all the drawbacks of dentures while offering up the best of dental implants: All-On-4 dental implants from Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions in Manhattan Beach, CA.
The All-On-4 Dental Implant Procedure
People missing every tooth across an entire arch do not typically have the option to get one dental implant per tooth. That would be a costly and intense restoration. Enter All-On-4, which involves the surgical implantation of four dental implants in the areas of highest bone density. Here is how the procedure works:
- Examination: Before any type of dental restoration occurs, your Manhattan Beach dentist conducts a dental exam to look for gum disease – the biggest cause of missing teeth – and other oral health problems. If any issues are present, they must be treated first. This exam will also identify the viability of bone density and determine whether you are a good candidate for this procedure.
- Procedure: Four dental implants are customized and surgically implanted into the jawbone. This quartet work together and each implant is topped with a post, or abutment, which juts out over the gumline so a partial denture or dental bridge can be secured in place over a span of missing teeth.
- Recovery: Healing time after dental implant surgery is significant. It can take months for the posts to fuse with the jawbone and be absorbed so they become a permanent part of the mouth. Your Manhattan Beach dentist monitors this healing process and determines when it’s time to permanently secure the restorations to your All-On-4 implants. No adhesive is necessary and the new teeth are strong and secure.
Benefits of All-On-4 Implants
All-On-4 dental implants are a permanent tooth replacement option. The implants take the place of missing tooth roots while a customized crown, bridge, or denture is attached to the implant for a secure solution. Here are just some of the many benefits of this restorative dentistry treatment:
- No irritation: One of the biggest concerns people with missing teeth deal with is the roof of their mouth being covered by a denture. Even if your restoration is made with a partial denture, it will never cover your palate or take away the sensations that reside there.
- Comfortable fit: Once All-On-4 implants are bonded in place, they quickly fit into your mouth and, soon enough, you won’t notice them at all. There is no pain, irritation, or soreness, and the teeth operate comfortably just like natural teeth.
- Natural look: You want your dental restorations to work well but also look good too. Dental implants, no matter the type, are designed to blend right into the rest of your smile and mimic the look of your natural teeth.
- Ideal position: Though dentures are a viable and amazing restoration for many patients, some people struggle with these appliances because they can irritate the gums and loosen over time. As the jawbone deteriorates with age, adjustments are necessary. All-On-4 implants stimulate the jawbone instead and once they’re placed, they stay put.
- Reliable restoration: Here is the feature that sways most existing and potential denture patients to saying yes to All-On-4 dental implants: No messy adhesives necessary. Dental implants are not removable, which also means they’ll never shift out of place while you’re speaking or eating.
Get All-On-4 Implants in Manhattan Beach
There are many possible causes of tooth loss. What’s most important is correcting the problem when it occurs so you can maintain confidence, face shape, and oral health. Schedule a consultation with Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions to find out if you’re a good candidate for All-On-4 dental implants. Don’t be embarrassed by your circumstances – take pride in making the important move to help yourself.
Schedule a consultation with Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions to find out if you’re a good candidate for All-On-4 dental implants310-340-6663