Are you interested in getting Invisalign? First, you need to find out if you’re a good Invisalign candidate, a designation that only a certified provider can tell you for sure. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Don Mungcal and his team at Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions to find out everything you need to know about this innovative cosmetic dentistry treatment and whether it’s right for you.
Alignment problems Invisalign can correct
Patients are interested in Invisalign as an alignment method because the trays are clear, slim, and discreet. They want straight, healthy teeth but they don’t want to draw attention to themselves with traditional metal braces. What many people worry about is that their issues can’t be corrected with trays alone. Here’s the good news – Invisalign can fix nearly every alignment issue that metal braces can, including:
- Crowded teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Open bites
- Gapped teeth
Though each patient is different, every journey to a straight smile begins with a thorough dental exam to determine if you are indeed an Invisalign candidate. This discovery includes digital x-rays, 3D images, and impressions as needed so your provider can truly see whether this is the best method to give you the smile you want.
Signs you’re a good Invisalign candidate
Each person’s reasons for wanting Invisalign are personal and there is no need to justify your choice to anyone. However, if you relate to any of the following, you’re in good company:
- You want a subtle treatment: Invisalign holds great appeal for adults who want straight teeth but don’t want to draw attention to their efforts. No one will ever need to know you’re wearing the nearly invisible trays if you keep them clean and clear.
- You want freedom: If you wear your aligners 20 to 22 hours a day, you’re putting in an adequate amount of treatment time. That leaves you with three to four hours of freedom during the day to eat whatever foods you want, clean your trays and teeth, and enjoy a few minutes break from your treatment.
- You want comfort: Don’t be mistaken – Invisalign shifts teeth just like any other orthodontic method, and you will feel pressure and discomfort from time to time as the trays do their work. What you will avoid though are the snagging and jabbing of the soft tissues of your mouth that come from wearing brackets and wires.
- You want quick turnaround: On average, it takes about a year to complete a course of Invisalign. But some patients need a little more time while others may need far less. It all depends on how much your teeth must move and how well you comply with the instructions for wearing and changing your trays. There are different types of treatment, including Invisalign Full, Invisalign Lite, Invisalign Express, and Invisalign Teen.
- You want healthier teeth: Straight teeth not only look better, feel better, and work better, they’re healthier. When teeth are in alignment they’re easier to clean. Bacteria and plaque are less likely to get stuck in hard-to-reach nooks and crannies and you experience fewer cavities and dental problems.
Get Invisalign near me in Manhattan Beach
Dr. Mungcal at Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions is a certified Invisalign provider. He has treated hundreds of patients successfully with this orthodontic alternative, making it possible for them to watch their smiles change from imperfect to straight and flawless.
From teens to adults, so many people are good Invisalign candidates. This treatment has helped millions of people achieve a better-looking smile on terms they are comfortable with and are wholly invested in. Find out if you’re a good Invisalign candidate. Contact our practice today to schedule a consultation.
Dr. Mungcal at Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions is a certified Invisalign provider310-340-6663