Smile Makeover Durability
When you choose to undergo a customized smile makeover, you want to know that it’s going to be just right for you and your appearance. Above all, you want to trust that this investment will last for a long time. Whether you are getting cosmetic dentistry or restorative dentistry, one treatment or multiple procedures, Dr. Don Mungcal and his dental team at Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions in Manhattan Beach, CA, are ready to create stunning, strong teeth with serious smile makeover durability.
What Contributes to Smile Makeover Durability?
The materials, tools, and techniques that your Manhattan Beach cosmetic dentist uses to create your new smile are designed to create robust teeth, but your behavior after undergoing these dental treatments is what truly factors into smile makeover durability:
- Teeth grinding: Sleep bruxism is when you clench and grind your teeth at night and wake with headaches, jaw discomfort, and, eventually, dental damage. Your smile makeover durability is a given, but it can’t outrun the strength of chronic teeth grinding. If you already know you grind your teeth, invest in a customized nightguard at the same time as your smile makeover.
- Oral hygiene: No cosmetic dentistry treatment is self-cleaning, and even though porcelain veneers are stain-resistant, you still need to take good care of your new teeth. Brush at least twice a day, floss once a day, and your smile upgrades will last.
- Professional dental care: It’s important to see your dentist every six months for a teeth cleaning and checkup. This visit ensures that your restorations and smile upgrades are still in great shape and confirms our smile makeover durability.
- Tooth location: Any upgrades that are done on molars in the back of the mouth will undergo more strain than front teeth since they do the hard work of chewing. This reality naturally impacts the longevity of any smile enhancements.
How Long Does a Smile Makeover Last?
Most people want to select the dental treatments that will last the longest, but it’s also important to select the procedures that are right for your unique oral health. Here are general timelines about the smile makeover durability and longevity of several common dental restorations and cosmetic dentistry treatments:
- Porcelain veneers: Can last for nearly two decades or longer if you take good care of them.
- Dental crowns: Stay firmly in place for at least a decade, sometimes two, especially with diligent care.
- Dental implant: Designed to last forever and known as one of the strongest restorations. The crown atop the implant may need to be replaced after a few decades.
- Teeth whitening: Can last for two to three years before teeth are noticeably dull. Touch-up kits are provided with a whitening treatment though for at-home touch-ups that can make the treatment last much longer.
- Invisalign: Follow the treatment requirements and wear your retainer as instructed after straightening is complete and your alignment can last forever.
Learn About Smile Makeover Durability in Manhattan Beach
Your Manhattan Beach dentist’s goal is always to create a new smile that is flawless, flattering, and lasts for a very long time. No matter what procedures suit your smile goals, ensuring smile makeover durability is always a relevant component and it’s at the front of Dr. Mungcal’s mind. Your behavior too, of course, factors into the success of your smile upgrade – playing contact sports, falling, or suffering a sports injury to the mouth can all damage restorations and cosmetic enhancements. The goal is to get a durable smile makeover from an experienced dentist – then properly take care of it.
If you want to improve the look, feel, and function of your teeth, schedule a consultation with the Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions team to discuss what you envision for your smile and find out what kind of dental treatments can transform your look. Contact us today.