What is the cost of crown restoration after root canal therapy?
Conditions such as a dental abscess may require a treatment known as root canal therapy. This procedure, though popular, leaves the remaining tooth structure at risk of damage due to it becoming brittle and weak from the removal of dental pulp. To address this, tooth restoration with a dental crown is often recommended by Dr. Don Mungcal and his team at Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions in Manhattan Beach, California.
What are some of the more common dental abscess symptoms?
Several common symptoms may indicate the presence of a dental abscess in your smile. Being familiar with these can help you know when to see a dentist for help.
Common dental abscess symptoms include:
- Severe and persistent toothache. A sharp, throbbing pain in or around a specific tooth is often the first sign of an abscess
- Pain when biting down or chewing. As the infection spreads, it can cause increased sensitivity in your teeth and jaw, making it painful to eat or drink
- Swelling in the face, cheek, or jaw. This is a result of the infection causing inflammation and can make your face appear swollen or distorted
- Tender or sore lymph nodes in your neck. Your body’s immune system will try to fight off the actual infection by sending the white blood cells to the area. As a result, your lymph nodes may become tender or swollen
- Redness and heat in the affected area. The infection can cause increased blood flow, resulting in redness and warmth around the abscess
- Fever and general malaise. In severe cases, a dental abscess can lead to a fever and an overall feeling of sickness
It’s essential to keep in mind that not all dental abscesses exhibit the same symptoms, so any changes in your oral health should be relayed to your dentist at Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions for an evaluation and definitive diagnosis.
The cost of crown restoration after root canal therapy310-340-6663
to schedule a consultation with Dr. Mungcal.
How is a dental abscess treated?
Dr. Don Mungcal and his team will often perform root canal therapy. However, this procedure leaves a tooth susceptible to other problems, such as breakage, resulting in a more brittle tooth. This is when he may recommend crown restoration. The cost of creating and placing a crown is often quoted when the patient chooses to proceed with treatment for their dental abscess. Our front office team will apply any benefits you may have with your dental insurance to reduce the cost of treatment as much as possible–ensuring you can afford the treatment you need when you need it!
Schedule an upcoming appointment with Dr. Don Mungcal and his team!
Call Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions if you suspect you have a dental abscess and need treatment and crown restoration. The office is conveniently located at 1213 Manhattan Avenue, and an appointment can be made by calling 310-340-6663.
Dr. Mungcal serves patients in Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, and El Segundo, California, and is open to new individuals and families seeking dental care with a family-friendly office in the community.
Share this Article
Back to Dental Crowns Page