Same Day Implants
Same day implants are also known as teeth-in-a-day. People who are missing all teeth from the top arch or bottom arch of their mouth can find out if they’re a good candidate for this advanced dental implant procedure and fast restoration. At Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions in Manhattan Beach, CA, the goal is to create healthy, strong smiles for our patients as quickly and effectively as possible.
Is a New Smile in One Day Actually Possible?
Missing teeth create many negative side effects – altered appearance, compromised speech, difficulty biting and chewing, and, of course, a marred smile. These problems might not occur all at once but, over time, the loss of teeth will impact the entirety of your oral health. Enter same day implants.
You can walk into your Manhattan Beach dentist’s office one day and leave the same day with a complete smile, but careful planning is needed first. To replace what’s missing on your journey to a strong, complete smile, the following steps must be taken to get you to same day implant status:
- Consultation: Your restorative dentist will conduct a thorough dental exam and take x-rays and other digital images to determine the quality of your bone density. This information, along with the location of your missing teeth and the condition of your oral health overall, will allow your dentist to determine if you are a good candidate for same day implants.
- Procedure: The dental implants are surgically placed into the jawbone in predetermined, strategic locations for the best possible results. An abutment tops each implant and holds temporary teeth to complete your smile until the permanent restorations are ready to be placed. These are the same day implants.
- Healing: It can take several months of healing for the dental implants to fully integrate with the jawbone. In the meantime, the temporary teeth you have will look and feel natural and work properly so you can get used to having all your teeth in all the right places.
- Final fitting: Once your dentist determines that healing is complete, the temporary same day implants are replaced with permanent restorations. This usually includes a fixed porcelain bridge or permanent denture. These prosthetics are strong, secure, and long-lasting and you will finally have teeth that allow you to speak, chew, and smile with confidence.
Benefits of Same Day Implants
The visible results of same day implants are noticeable immediately, which makes this an incredibly desirable procedure for people who are missing multiple teeth. If you’ve struggled with dentures or promised you’d never have them, if your smile has become so broken-down and uncomfortable that you can no longer eat or speak normally, dental implants can be the answer. Here are just some of the other benefits of same day implant:
- Your unique oral health will be honored no matter what type of dental restoration you undergo.
- Dental implants are carefully customized so the visible part of the repair feels like your teeth were never missing.
- The meticulous customization is carried into the jawbone for a precise fit and long-lasting results.
- Teeth are carefully crafted so they look natural in color, size, and shape.
What Dental Restoration Is Right for You?
If you are interested in getting a new smile in a day, talk to the dental team at Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions about same day implants and whether you’re a good candidate. Even if this ends up not being the right restoration for your oral health, there is always a way to replace missing teeth. You can have a complete, full smile again and regain your confidence. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and learn more about your smile makeover options.
If you are interested in getting a new smile in a day, talk to the dental team at Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions about same day implants and whether you’re a good candidate.310-340-6663