Dr. James Lee, General Dentist
Dr. James Lee is a general dentist on the team at Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions. He is passionate about making a difference people’s lives through dentistry and giving them a reason to smile with confidence. Dr. Lee is committed to changing the common misconception that a visit to the dentist is a painful, fearful experience by providing gentle, effective, and comfortable dental care for every patient who sits in the dental chair.
He was born in South Carolina and was subsequently raised in locations throughout the world, including Ohio, California, Georgia, and Taiwan. He is a proud U.S. Army veteran and served overseas in both South Korea and Japan.
Dr. Lee enjoys going on mission trips to bring dental care to rural communities. He has volunteered his time to this cause across the globe, serving in the United States, Taiwan, and Sri Lanka. He also enjoys providing dental care for children each year during the American Dental Association Foundation’s annual “Give Kids a Smile®” day.
Education is an important part of Dr. Lee’s ability to treat all types of dental issues effectively. He completed his undergraduate studies at the Georgia Institute of Technology and then obtained his dental degree at the University of Southern California School of Dentistry. He also regularly commits time to pursuing continuing education so he can stay up-to-date in the latest technologies and methodologies in the dental field. He has received specialized training in the following courses, among others:
- “Advanced Treatment Planning Seminar and Global Diagnosis” at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, MD
- “Advanced Operative Dentistry Course” at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, MD
- “Functional Occlusion: From TMJ to Smile Design” at Dawson Academy in Tokyo, Japan
- “Patient Safety Manager’s Course” at the Defense Health Agency in Falls Church, VA
- “OSAP Infection Control Seminar” at the Organization for Safety, Asepsis, and Prevention in Atlanta, Georgia
Dr. Lee also maintains memberships in several professional associations, including the California Dental Association, the American Dental Association, and the West LA Dental Society American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.
In his free time, Dr. Lee enjoys snowboarding, eating, lifting weights, and playing with his dog.