Dental Crowns and Bridges
The field of dentistry is always evolving. Yet some treatments stand the test of time because they work so well. Dental crowns & bridges are a terrific example. The doctors at Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions in Manhattan Beach, CA are pleased to provide these trusted services, delivered with modern materials and techniques.
The basics of dental crowns & bridges
In case you are not familiar with the terms, a dental crown is a cap shaped like a natural tooth. It fits over existing tooth structure. Your own tooth root remains in the jaw bone, while a beautiful porcelain crown reinstates appearance and chewing function.
A bridge consists of one or multiple artificial teeth. Crowns at either end of the bridge are cemented over prepared teeth to hold replacements firmly in place. In some cases dental implants are used to anchor a bridge.
What to expect from dental crown & bridges treatment in Manhattan Beach, CA
First and foremost, at Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions, you can expect compassionate, personalized attention for your crown or bridge procedure… as with any other service we provide.
Then, the process of getting a crown usually follows these steps:
- At the first appointment, your mouth is numbed to ensure a comfortable experience.
- Old restorative materials, damage, and decay are removed.
- The tooth is pared down to make room for the crown to fit snugly.
- Impressions are taken.
- The tooth is protected with a temporary restoration, so that your smile looks natural, and you can speak clearly and eat normally while your final crown is made.
- We send impressions and shading information to a trusted dental laboratory, where a professional ceramist fabricates your crown. This takes about two weeks.
- Often numbing is not needed at your second appointment.
- The interim restoration and cement are removed.
- The doctor checks the fit of your new crown, making minute adjustments if necessary.
- The crown is bonded into place and polished.
- A dental bridge is essentially the same process, but with two crowns placed.
At Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions, you can always count on quality dental options that fit your schedule, lifestyle, and budget. Call(310) 340-6663
to schedule an appointment.