Manhattan Beach, CA dentist offers dental caps for teeth
While the teeth are meant to last a lifetime, there are situations in which the tooth’s structure, health, and functionality may be compromised. Perhaps a patient broke their tooth by chewing on ice. Maybe a patient experienced an injury to the mouth that caused a cracked tooth. Whatever the situation, the team at Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions can help! Dr. Don Mungcal and his team in Manhattan Beach, CA are committed to providing restorative solutions, including dental caps for teeth.
What is a dental cap?
A dental cap is a restoration made to cover the existing natural tooth to offer an extra layer of protection and improve its strength. The cap, also known as a dental crown, is a standard restorative procedure used at Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions. These restorations are made of porcelain, a material that is strong, durable, and mimics the appearance of natural teeth. The caps match the existing teeth to ensure seamless integration.
When might I need a dental cap?
There are certain times when Dr. Don Mungcal, may suggest the placement of a dental crown. Below are a few of those cases:
- A tooth has been chipped or cracked, leaving it exposed and at risk for infection
- A tooth has an extensive cavity that cannot be repaired with a dental filling alone
- A tooth has undergone root canal therapy and may be weak or brittle
- A tooth has been lost, and a dental cap fused on both sides of a false tooth creates a dental bridge
- A tooth has been lost, and a dental cap is fabricated to place over the abutment of a dental implant
Depending on your specific situation, our dentist will make a recommendation as to the best restorative solution to repair the smile.
Are you interested in learning more about dental caps for teeth?
Contact Manhattan Beach Dental Solutions today to discuss with Dr. Don Mungcal the benefits of caps and other restorative procedures available in the practice. The office is located at 1213 Manhattan Avenue in Manhattan Beach, CA, and can be reached by phone at 310-340-6663.